What: Opening Weekend
Where: Six Flags Over Georgia
When: Saturday, March 19 or Sunday, March 20, 2011
10 am – 8 pm on Saturday, 10:30 am – 7 pm on Sunday.
Park is open weekends until May 27 and daily for Spring Break April 2 – 10
Cost: Tickets are just $20.11 w/ the donation of 6 or more food items to MUST Ministries – a local food pantry
See photos of Six Flags on Field Trips with Sue on Facebook
The 44th season at Six Flags Over Georgia is kicking off this weekend. Here are the Top 5 Reasons to get over to Six Flags now…
1. The weather is cooler – so you won’t feel like passing out waiting in line for Superman
2. You won’t be waiting in line for Superman, or any other coaster – as crowds are a lot smaller this time of year
3. Tickets are just $20.11 (if you donate food) – you can’t beat that, even with a Groupon or a two for one ticket on the coke can (or get a season pass for $49.99)
4. You’ll be doing something good for those less fortunate by donating 6 or more food items to MUST Ministries (ideas: canned fish, ham, beef, jelly, dry milk, beans, rice – see a complete wish list at www.sixflags.com)
5. If $20.11 is still too much, Field Trips with Sue is giving away a Family 4-Pack good this weekend!
Want to win a Family Four Pack of Tickets to Six Flags Over Georgia THIS WEEKEND March 19 or March 20? Leave us a comment below and tell us your favorite Six Flags attraction. We’ll announce the winner on Friday.
Want an extra shot at winning:
Twitter: Follow @suerodman and tweet me something about Six Flags opening and/or your favorite ride.
Facebook: “Like” Field Trips with Sue and Leave a comment on the wall letting us know you want to win.
New This Summer (but won’t be open for this weekend)
Dare Devil Dive roller coaster, a thrilling experience that takes riders up a 10-story vertical lift before plummeting down a beyond-vertical first drop. Dare Devil Dive will open in late spring. A live web-cam of the construction as well as a video animation of the ride can be found online at sixflags.com. I watched it and there is no way I’ll be going on this ride.
Show Stoppin’, a high-energy musical showcase highlighting contemporary hits across all music genres and Soda Shoppe Sweethearts, a show that takes guests back to the era of poodle skirts and classic radio hits.