What: LEGOLAND Discovery Center
Where: Phipps Plaza, 3500 Peachtree Rd., Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-848-9252
When: Mon. – Fri. 10 am – 7 pm, Sat. 10 am – 9 pm, Sun. 10 am – 6 pm (Last admission is two hours before closing
Save money by purchasing tickets online before you go
Photos: For more photos of LEGOLAND Discovery Center visit Field Trips with Sue on Facebook
One of my favorite parts of LEGOLAND Discovery Center at Phipps Plaza is the Kingdom Quest ride. It’s similar to Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story at Walt Disney World in that you ride in a car through a series of video screens and vignette’s shooting items for points. To really score big in Kingdom Quest, you need to know what to shoot. LEGOLAND staff are quite knowledgeable, but are also tight lipped on what to look for on the ride. Here are some tips to Score Big on Kingdom Quest at LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center: Score Big on Kingdom Quest
All it takes to score big on the Kingdom Quest ride at LEGOLAND Discovery Center is knowing what to look for an paying attention. I improved my score quite a bit just knowing a few of these tips. Let us know what it does for your tally.
- Pay Attention to the Posters on the Wall and the videos. Not only do these help pass the time while you wait for the ride, they offer clues to what you’ll be looking for in each vignette and what items carry the most points.
- Sit in the Back. The back of the car gives you the best chance to keep shooting the Ogre, even after the car has pasted the vignette.
- Shoot the Ogre. The most points are on the Ogre. As you enter the ride, your car will stop on the first screen, but you can see the Ogre in the vignette to your left; don’t worry about the first screen, just keep shooting the Ogre. His head is worth 2,000 points and his waist is worth 1,000.
- Shoot the Crystals. The next video screen is a mine scene. Shoot the crystals in the mine. Generally, the objects at the top of the screen are going to be worth more points.
- Shoot the Rat. On the third video screen, (the one with all the skeletons) shoot the rat that comes across the bottom of the screen. He is worth 4500 points. Note: The rat is quick. You have to be looking for him as soon as you see this screen or you’ll miss him. He scurries across from right to left.
- Shoot the Bats. The bats in the trees offer quite a few points as well.
- Free the Princess. Points here are given for the crystals, but if you want to free the princess, shoot the dynamite inside the cart on the right hand side. Then shoot the cart and the dynamite reappears. Keep going back and forth. Shoot the cart and dynamite five times and the ogre will throw a rock at you. As his does, you’ll see dynamite in the left corner behind the Ogre’s arm. Shoot it and the princess is free.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center: Funny Things that won’t gain you points
If you aren’t worried about scoring Big on Kingdom Quest at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, but do want to see what to make some fun things happen, here are some suggestions.
- Bounce the Goblets. On the first video screen, shoot the goblets and they’ll bounce around the table.
- Shake the spiders. On the second video screen, shoot the spiders and they fall down and shake, then re-appear.
- Shoot the treasure chest. On the screen in the forest, shoot the treasure chest and it will continue to throw out things. First it’s coins, but as you keep shooting it, you’ll get cups, turkey legs, bones and who knows what else.
- Shoot the bats, not the dragon. In the final screen, shoot the bats in the trees and they fly everywhere.
Know other ways to gain points or just make cool stuff happen? Let us know in the comments.
Can’t get enough of LEGO? Here are some other LEGOLAND Discovery Center and LEGOLAND Theme Park posts we’ve done.