It’s that time of year again, when little elves take over our house and create all kinds of havoc. I resisted welcoming elves into our home for years, but now that they are here, I have to admit, they can be kind of fun.
We have a house full of elves each December, and I have grown to enjoy some aspects of them. For instance, I really got into the elves trip to Walt Disney World one year. The hardest part about the elves is contemplating what mischief they might get into (and then cleaning it up afterwards). My husband doesn’t help here, and my pleas to get the older boys involved is usually met by “I don’t know what to do,” and a blank stare, so after a few nights I get kinda stumped. Here is some of the mischievous elf ideas we’ve witnessed. Let me know what your elves have done. For photos, follow Field Trips with Sue on Pinterest or Instagram.
- Take a bag of candy (from Halloween) and sat under the tree eating candy and watching the lights
- Invited all the house stuffed animals to a movie night (movies all over the place, popcorn everywhere)
- Made snow angels in flour
- TPed our Christmas tree
- Bring little gifts (candy, hair bows, pencils, paper, markers, etc)
- Emptied the tupperware drawer
- Switched lunches around
- Emptied clothes drawers
- Tried on all the coats in the closet
- Taken a bath in the kitchen sink (all the soap and shampoo got moved to the kitchen)
- Pooped in the toilet (M&M’s)
- Wrapped themselves
- Rolled the bedroom with yarn/TP
- Left crumbs all over the kitchen counters
- Gone on a joyride with all the house stuff animals. We found the car down the street on the way to the bus stop.
- Went fishing in the toilet for goldfish
- Wrote on my son, and the bathroom mirror
- Took all the bows and put them all over the bathroom
- Christmas eve night the elf hid several gifts and left notes about being good for the year
Elf Ideas From Field Trips with Sue Readers….
- Our elves bake cookies leaving sprinkles for decorating.
- Our elves have been know to write notes on the mirrors.
- Our biggest surprise was when they (2) threw an elf party & our Christmas tree ended up on top of our coffee table. They were “rocking around the Christmas Tree”
- Our elf was in a hot air balloon this a.m.
- Ours stuck Christmas bows all over the toilet one day, turned the toilet water green
- Our elves had monster trucks invade the Christmas village, even made herself a skirt out or christmas ribbon! (So apparently she is a she)
- Leave a Note and a Hot Chocolate with an “8 WEEKS OF FUN” from Field Trips with Sue – Thanks Kristy Stevison-Casey. This one is my favorite:)
What have your elves done? Send us a photo at sue (at) fieldtripswithsue.com.