By Sue Rodman
During the cold winter months, everyone heads indoors. For families looking for things to do in Atlanta with kids indoors, there are lots of options for every age. Here’s a list of twelve great indoor activities for everyone in your family from toddlers to teens. Even the adults will have fun. Make sure to call before you go for current times and prices. What are your favorites?
1. SkyZone Indoor Trampoline Park: This is the latest attraction for families in the Atlanta area and a great place for tweens and teens.
2. Indoor Water Parks in Atlanta: Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you can’t go swimming. These indoor water parks offer water slides, lazy rivers and play structures. NOTE: This link is to a post I did last year. Check current times and prices with the location before visiting.
3. Fernbank Museum of Natural History’s Nature Quest: I love this nature themed indoor playground for the under 8 set. There are so many things to explore, it will take your little one several visits.
5. National Infantry Museum: This fantastic museum is in Columbus Georgia, but it’s worth the drive, especially if you have tween and teens. You can even shoot on the rifle range.
6. Imagine It! The Children’s Museum of Atlanta: This indoor museum is a great place for kids to play and parents can feel good about knowing their children are learning at the same time. Check out their When I Am cards to find out exactly what they are learning. The video on this link gives you a great overview of the museum’s permanent exhibits.
8. Home Depot Workshop: No matter what time of year, my boys love donning an apron and hammering some nails.
9. Lowe’s Workshop: Lowe’s does a similar program to Home Depot, however, Lowe’s asked families to register to guarantee a kit.
10. LEGO Mini-Builds: This free activity can get crowded, but for the LEGO fan, it’s worth it.
11. Booth Western Museum: This Cartersville museum has become one of my favorites for kids. They have lots of hands-on activities.
12. Tellus: Another Cartersville museum, this one will keep them busy for hours.